Junior Installation Engineer Offshore – Young Engineering Professional Program
Did you recently graduate in engineering and are you geared up to strongly develop in offshore sustainable energy projects? Then ARC-SES has the opportunity for you!
We have 4 vacancies for our 2-year Young Engineering Professional (YEP) program, where work and practical education are combined. You’ll work approximately 4 days per week on several challenging Offshore Wind Installation projects at one of the major Dutch installation contractors. And you’ll engage 1 day per week in various technical and soft skill related training courses (see training course program), mentoring/coaching and external safety trainings (certificates). As the name of the program indicates: the outcome is that you will become a Young Engineering Professional! After this program you can join an installation company as an experienced (project) engineer.
During the YEP program, you will focus on procedures, analysis, calculations, designs and drawings for WIND cable installation projects. You will work in a dynamic, international and professional environment. You will have quite some responsibility but you can always find support within the ARC-SES team where a wide variety of knowledge is available.
Work is mainly performed on project locations of the installation contractor (Rotterdam area). Location of the training courses is mainly in our office (Rotterdam center).
- Write installation procedures and reports (such as load-out, survey, transportation, pull-inns etc.) to execute the project;
- Design, analyze, calculate and make drawings for offshore (installation) projects;
- Perform calculations with Software like Orcaflex or Ansys;
- Tender support;
- A BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or comparable;
- Practical mindset;
- Up to max. 2 years of experience as an engineer (preferably) in the offshore industry;
- Interest in software like Orcaflex or Ansys;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written;
- Dutch nationality, EU citizen or in possession of a Dutch work permit.
- A combination of challenging work with excellent practical education;
- Good salary and working conditions;
- A professional environment to work in.
ARC-SES is dedicated to the Renewables market. Together with sister company Offshore Independents we are an independent, privately owned engineering company offering a wide array of services to various key companies in the Offshore Industry. For 10 years we are covering complex engineering analyses, procurement & tendering support and project management & consultancy.
Do you want to find out more about our work field? Visit our website www.arc-ses.com
Want to find out more about the YEP program? Only one way to truly find out.. apply at: https://careers.offshoreindependents.com
Training Course program:
- - Introduction to the Offshore (Wind) industry
- - Introduction to Foundation types & Installation
- - Introduction to Vessels for the OFW Industry
- - Introduction to Cable Installation
2. Safety training
- - GWO (incl. medical)
- - VCA
3. Geo Engineering
- - Trencher types
- - Soil types
- - Burial assessment
- - Operational experience
4. Marine Engineering
- - Cable Installation ORCAFLEX
- - Station keeping (Anchor/DP)
5. Structural Engineering
- - Introduction to FEM analysis (hand calcs)
- - FEM Modeling in ANSYS
6. Operational Engineering
- - Logistics & Asset Management
- - Method statement / procedure writing
7. Project Management
- - IMPA
- - Risk Management
- - Contract Management
- - QHSE Management
1. Personal Development
2. Communication skills
3. Time Management
4. Receiving/giving feedback
5. Presentation technics
6. Conflict Management