You are technically well versed and you like to take initiative. You are not afraid of a challenge, like to puzzle with software and you can handle some uncertainty. You can work independently but also like to operate in an enthusiastic team. Sounds like you? Then we have the job for you:
As a Structural Engineer at Offshore Independents, you’ll work on the structural part of offshore and renewable energy projects. You will perform hand calculations, create finite element models (FEM), apply loads and analyze result to design and/or verify structures and carry the responsibility that they comply with the applicable rules and regulations. You will assess the strength and buckling capacity of structures and perform fatigue and dynamic analyses. You will report to the engineering manager, act as the right hand of the lead structural engineer and work together with a junior structural engineer, drafters, installation engineers and will be interfacing with our clients. You will be involved with major and challenging design projects as well as smaller hands-on support engineering. As the core of our company is installation engineering, you will also be involved in those projects.
• In possession of Dutch nationality or in possession of an EU work permit;
• Minimal a Bachelor degree in Structural, Mechanical or Civil Engineering;
• 3 to 5 years working experience as Structural Engineer in the Offshore (Wind) Industry;
• Proficient with FEM software (preferably ANSYS/SACS) and 3D drawing software;
• Can perform strength and buckling checks, experience with fatigue and dynamics is a pre;
• Experienced with hand calculations according to industry standards;
• Competent knowledge of international design codes;
• Fluent in English and preferably Dutch, both verbal and written;
• Living in or prepared to move to the Rotterdam area.
- You are confident about your technical knowledge and are capable of understanding and schematizing structures;
- You are proactive, hands-on and flexible;
- Although you are able to work on your own, you are also a team player who enjoys working in an international environment.
- You are communicatively strong and you have a high level of commitment.
Offshore Independents is an independent, privately owned company offering a wide array of project services to the Offshore Oil and Gas industry. Our services cover complex engineering analyses, procurement & tendering support and project management & consultancy. We have a loyal and valued customer base consisting of operators, contractors, engineering companies, asset owners, law firms, government and lenders.
Our company motto is “doing great stuff with great people” which we sincerely try to live up to every day. Our team consists of young and strong individuals that are even stronger when working in a team. Initiative is being stimulated instead of suppressed. A flat, open organization, 100% focused on delivering outstanding work.
Visit our website www.offshoreindependents.com and www.arc-ses.com