Project / Field Engineer
The project/field Engineer contributes to various offshore-related projects by writing procedures and making sure that these procedures are followed during the operation. When a procedure needs to be adjusted during an offshore operation the engineer is capable to perform new analyses and calculations.
The Engineer has the authority to give advice, both on his/her own initiative and upon request, related to engineering analyses, calculations, methods and procedures.
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Assess client's requirements and comment on engineering queries;
- Analyze, perform calculations and write procedures related to:
- Pipe/Cable installation;
- Engineering of offshore structures
- Take HSE requirements into account;
- Present the analyses result or procedures in project reports for the clients;
- Prepare supporting documents, such as Project Execution Plans and MoM when required;
- Interface with the various departments and clients;
- Inform the Project/Engineering Manager about the progress of the work on a regular basis;
- Assist at client office location during the design/engineering phase of a project, if and when required;
- Assist offshore during the execution phase of a project, if and when required.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Offshore, Mechanical, Civil or Martime Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as an engineer in the Offshore Industry
- Familiar with several of the below:
- Finite Element Modeling (FEM), preferably ANSYS;
- Pipe/ Cable lay software, such as Offpipe and Orcaflex
- CAD Software
- MS Office
- Analytic thinking
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
In return, we offer you the opportunity to be part of a young and dynamic team. You will be working in a friendly and inspiring work environment in Rotterdam. We offer good terms of employment and the opportunity for personal growth and development.
Offshore Independents is an independent, privately owned mid-size company offering a wide array of project services to the offshore energy industry. Our consultation expertise covers every imaginable offshore infrastructure project — throughout all phases, from (pre-)FEED up to abandonment. We have a loyal and valued customer base consisting of operators, contractors, engineering companies, asset owners, lenders and underwriters.
Our company motto is “doing great stuff with great people” which we sincerely try to live up to every day. We have a young and dynamic team with a no-nonsense mentality. Initiative is being stimulated instead of suppressed. A flat, open organization but 100% focused on delivering outstanding work. You will also work for our sister company ARC-SES, which is dedicated to the Renewables market.
Want to find out more about our possibilities or projects you can work on?